Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: david?
- Bailey‐Davis, Lisa, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Culture, agriculture, food and environment 2018 v.40 no.1 pp. 24-35
- agricultural land; agricultural productivity; crop production; drilling; environmental impact; farmers; income; interviews; markets; natural gas; organic certification; questionnaires; risk; sales; shale; surveys; Pennsylvania
- ... This study explored sustainable and conventional farmers’ perceptions of unconventional natural gas development (UNGD) as it relates to agricultural production and distribution. Farmers (n = 200) in Pennsylvania's Marcellus shale region with gas drilling infrastructure on or near their farmland completed questionnaires; a subset (n = 16) of survey respondents participated in semi‐structured interv ...
- Bailey-Davis, Lisa, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Food policy 2018 v.81 pp. 58-66
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; USDA; business enterprises; consumers (people); economic sustainability; healthy diet; interviews; issues and policy; landscapes
- ... To better understand rural corner store owners’ perceptions about the then proposed U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Retailer Rule.We conducted 32 interviews with rural corner store owners across six states in response to USDA's proposed rule. We asked owners about potential barriers to and facilitators of stocking healthier foods.Among the i ...