Jump to Main Content
- Stander, Maria A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Food additives & contaminants 2011 v.28 no.7 pp. 826-839
- alcohols; brandy; detection limit; ethyl carbamate; fortified wines; genotoxicity; ionization; pH; pretreatment; public health; solid phase extraction; solvents; storage temperature; tandem mass spectrometry
- ... Ethyl carbamate (EC) is a known genotoxic carcinogen that is frequently present in alcoholic beverages and is therefore a public health concern. As a consequence, maximum concentration levels for EC in these commodities are legislated in several countries. Quantitative analytical methods are therefore essential to monitor EC levels in beverages. Most published analytical methods for the determinat ...
- Stander, Maria A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2013 v.85 no.19 pp. 9107-9115
- chemical composition; comprehensive two-dimensional liquid chromatography; fluorescence; grape seed extract; grape seeds; grapes; hydrophilic interaction chromatography; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; ionization; mass spectrometry; polymerization; proanthocyanidins; procyanidins; reversed-phase liquid chromatography; tannins; viticulture; winemaking
- ... Despite the significant importance of tannins in viticulture and enology, relatively little is known about the detailed chemical composition of these molecules. This is due to challenges associated with the accurate analytical determination of the highly structurally diverse proanthocyanidins which comprise tannins. In this contribution, we address this limitation by demonstrating how online compr ...