Jump to Main Content
- Acree, Steven D., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environmental science & technology 2018 v.53 no.1 pp. 296-306
- carbonates; ethane; ethylene; groundwater; inorganic carbon; iron; longevity; maximum contaminant level; methane; methane production; methanogens; mineralization; organochlorine compounds; stable isotopes; vinyl chloride
- ... This study provides a twenty-two-year record of in situ degradation of chlorinated organic compounds by a granular iron permeable reactive barrier (PRB). Groundwater concentrations of trichloroethene (TCE) entering the PRB were as high as 10670 μg/L. Treatment efficiency ranged from 81 to >99%, and TCE concentrations from <1 μg/L to 165 μg/L were detected within and hydraulically down-gradient of ...
- PubMed Central:
- Acree, Steven D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2014 v.468-469 pp. 186-194
- chromium; dechlorination; ethane; ethylene; geochemistry; groundwater; hydraulic conductivity; iron; longevity; trichloroethylene; vinyl chloride; North Carolina
- ... The fifteen-year performance of a granular iron, permeable reactive barrier (PRB; Elizabeth City, North Carolina) is reviewed with respect to contaminant treatment (hexavalent chromium and trichloroethylene) and hydraulic performance. Due to in-situ treatment of the chromium source zone, reactive and hydraulic longevity of the PRB has outlived the mobile chromate plume. Chromium concentrations exc ...
- Acree, Steven D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2009 v.106 no.1-2 pp. 1-14
- groundwater contamination; arsenic; remediation; iron; oxidants; aquifers; geochemistry; hydrochemistry; Montana
- ... Developments and improvements of remedial technologies are needed to effectively manage arsenic contamination in groundwater at hazardous waste sites. In June 2005, a 9.1 m long, 14 m deep, and 1.8 to 2.4 m wide (in the direction of groundwater flow) pilot-scale permeable reactive barrier (PRB) was installed at a former lead smelting facility, located near Helena, Montana (USA). The reactive barri ...