Jump to Main Content
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.78 pp. 132-139
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; bioreactors; dissolved oxygen; dose response; habitats; ions; iron; isotopes; nitrifying bacteria; nitrogen; pH; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; total nitrogen
- ... In this paper, three bio-reactors were designed to determine the effects of different zero-valent iron (ZVI) powder dosages on anammox. Initially, a high ZVI dosage inhibited the anammox process, while anammox adopted the habitat after long-term culture. The continuous experiment indicated that R2 (100 mg ZVI/L) had no notable effect on shortening the anammox start-up time, while R3 (1000 mg ZVI/L ...
- Ahmad, Hafiz Adeel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2018 v.8 no.47 pp. 26469-26475
- 4-chlorophenol; catalysts; dechlorination; industrial applications; iron; milling; nickel; pH; pollutants
- ... In this study, nanoscale bimetallic particles (Ni/Fe) were prepared by a simultaneous ball milling and in situ chemical deposition process (B&C) with high dechlorination activity for 4-chlorophenol (4-CP). The results suggest that the introduction of Ni significantly improved the dechlorination of 4-CP. The dechlorination activity of Ni/Fe-B&C (kₒbₛ = 0.168 min⁻¹) was increased significantly with ...