Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Christianne E. C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2018 v.120 no.7 pp. e1800092
- Macadamia; byproducts; defatted products; ethanol; fatty acid composition; food industry; functional properties; hexane; ingredients; isopropyl alcohol; liquids; nitrogen; oilmeals; oils; oilseeds; protein concentrates; protein content; raw materials; solubility; solvents; temperature; toxicity
- ... The aim of this study is to evaluate the performance of ethanol and isopropanol in the extraction of macadamia oil and the production of protein concentrates from the defatted meal. Partially defatted macadamia cake is submitted to batch extractions in one stage of contact at 60, 75, and 90 °C, while the sequential extraction trials considering four stages are performed at 75 °C. Oil extraction yi ...
- Rodrigues, Christianne E. C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2013 v.6 no.12 pp. 3335-3344
- acidity; deacidification; experimental design; free fatty acids; ion exchange; isopropyl alcohol; peroxides; phospholipids; sampling; solutes; soybean oil
- ... This work investigated the deacidification of soybean oil by ion exchange using a fixed bed loaded with the strong anionic resin Amberlyst A26 OH. Degummed soybean oil was dissolved in isopropanol and the deacidification process was studied according to an experimental design based on two factors, the feed flow rate and its content of free fatty acids. The responses of interest were the solute rec ...