Jump to Main Content
- Bartkowski, Bartosz, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Ecological economics 2017 v.131 pp. 557-560
- decision making; economic valuation; issues and policy; public services and goods
- ... This paper is a critical appraisal of Schläpfer's (2016) proposal of a Democratic Valuation (DV) methodology to value public goods. While we appreciate attempts to address the shortcomings of conventional stated preference techniques, we have some reservations regarding DV. Our paper critically reviews the following characteristics of the proposed methodology: i) referendum format as decision-maki ...
- Bartkowski, Bartosz, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental Science and Policy 2015 v.54 pp. 522-532
- biodiversity; economic valuation; ecosystem services; experts; issues and policy
- ... In the past years, monetary valuation of changes to biodiversity and ecosystem services has received increased attention in the scientific community and in the policy arena. Regardless of the abundance of valuation methods, there seems to be a particular interest in obtaining monetary estimates via stated preference methods. While some experts regard these methods as useful means to recognise, dem ...