Jump to Main Content
- Jebreen, Hassan; Banning, Andre; Wohnlich, Stefan; Niedermayr, Andrea; Ghanem, Marwan; Wisotzky, Frank
- Water 2018 v.10 no.12
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; barium; calcite; calcium; calcium carbonate; chromium; cluster analysis; dolomite; feldspar; geochemistry; groundwater; hydrochemistry; inorganic carbon; karsts; magnesium; manganese; quartz; rocks; strontium; watersheds; zinc; zirconium; Palestine; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... This work reports, for the first time, the mineralogical and geochemical characteristics of karst aquifers in the Central West Bank (CWB) catchment in Palestine. It provides an integrated study approach by correlating the geochemistry of the lithology and hydrochemical data of groundwater samples. Mineralogical analysis showed that all of the samples were dominantly composed of either calcite CaCO ...
- Jebreen, Hassan; Wohnlich, Stefan; Banning, Andre; Wisotzky, Frank; Niedermayr, Andrea; Ghanem, Marwan
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.6 pp. 261
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; calcite; cation exchange; chemical composition; decision making; dolomite; equations; evaporation; groundwater; hydrogeochemistry; irrigation; karsts; microbiology; oxygen; stable isotopes; stakeholders; water quality; weathering; Palestine; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The Central West Bank aquifer (CWB) is one of the most important resources of fresh groundwater of Palestine. The geology of the area consists mainly of karstic and permeable limestones and dolomites interbedded with argillaceous beds of late Albian–Turonian age. Exploitation of the CWB aquifer, combined with lack of information required to understand the groundwater pattern, represents a challeng ...