Jump to Main Content
- Mansour, Majdi; Peach, Denis; Robins, Nick; Hughes, Andrew
- Water 2019 v.11 no.2
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; field experimentation; highlands; karsts; monitoring; rain; semiarid zones; simulation models; watersheds; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The Wadi Natuf catchment is situated to the west of the Palestinian capital city of Ramallah which is in the West Bank. The catchment has been instrumented since 2003 to identify and examine recharge processes in semi-arid upland karst terrain, in which both direct and indirect recharge are important. The key recharge processes are direct rainfall recharge, and indirect recharge via wadis includin ...
- Hughes, A. G.; Mansour, M. M.; Robins, N. S.
- Hydrogeology journal 2008 v.16 no.5 pp. 845-854
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; basins; computer software; highlands; karsts; limestone; models; runoff; semiarid zones; soil water deficit; spring; Middle East; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Assessment of recharge in a structurally complex upland karst limestone aquifer situated in a semi-arid environment is difficult. Resort to surrogate indicators such as measurement of spring outflow and borehole discharge, is a common alternative, and attempts to apply conventional soil moisture deficit analysis may not adequately account for the intermittent spate conditions that arise in such en ...