Jump to Main Content
- Jebreen, Hassan; Wohnlich, Stefan; Banning, Andre; Wisotzky, Frank; Niedermayr, Andrea; Ghanem, Marwan
- Environmental earth sciences 2018 v.77 no.6 pp. 261
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; calcite; cation exchange; chemical composition; decision making; dolomite; equations; evaporation; groundwater; hydrogeochemistry; irrigation; karsts; microbiology; oxygen; stable isotopes; stakeholders; water quality; weathering; Palestine; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... The Central West Bank aquifer (CWB) is one of the most important resources of fresh groundwater of Palestine. The geology of the area consists mainly of karstic and permeable limestones and dolomites interbedded with argillaceous beds of late Albian–Turonian age. Exploitation of the CWB aquifer, combined with lack of information required to understand the groundwater pattern, represents a challeng ...
- Sohrt, Jakob; Ries, Fabian; Sauter, Martin; Lange, Jens
- Catena 2014 v.123 pp. 1-10
- West Bank, etc ; groundwater recharge; irrigation; karsts; mountains; particle size; preferential flow; rain; runoff; semiarid zones; soil density; soil depth; soil profiles; soil water; surveys; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In many semi-arid environments, the surface materials are frequently characterized by thin soils and large proportions of bare rock, both of which are expected to considerably influence infiltration and groundwater recharge processes. In this study, small plot scale irrigation experiments in combination with dye tracer application, as well as real-time and subsequent soil moisture measurements and ...