Jump to Main Content
- Mansour, Majdi; Peach, Denis; Robins, Nick; Hughes, Andrew
- Water 2019 v.11 no.2
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; field experimentation; highlands; karsts; monitoring; rain; semiarid zones; simulation models; watersheds; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The Wadi Natuf catchment is situated to the west of the Palestinian capital city of Ramallah which is in the West Bank. The catchment has been instrumented since 2003 to identify and examine recharge processes in semi-arid upland karst terrain, in which both direct and indirect recharge are important. The key recharge processes are direct rainfall recharge, and indirect recharge via wadis includin ...
- Schmidt, Sebastian; Grimmeisen, Felix; Ries, Fabian; Goldscheider, Nico; Sauter, Martin
- Grundwasser 2018 v.23 no.1 pp. 59-72
- West Bank, etc ; Escherichia coli; aquifers; groundwater; groundwater recharge; karsts; models; monitoring; nitrates; runoff; soil water; soil water balance; springs (water); urbanization; water management; water quality; water supply; watersheds; Jordan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the semi-arid eastern Mediterranean water supply is highly dependent on karst aquifers. The region is characterized by multi-year dry and wet cycles combined with high hydrological dynamics, especially during intense precipitation events. The investigated karst regions in the West Bank and Jordan are experiencing strong urbanization within the groundwater catchments and hence a rising impact on ...