Jump to Main Content
- Schmidt, Sebastian; Grimmeisen, Felix; Ries, Fabian; Goldscheider, Nico; Sauter, Martin
- Grundwasser 2018 v.23 no.1 pp. 59-72
- West Bank, etc ; Escherichia coli; aquifers; groundwater; groundwater recharge; karsts; models; monitoring; nitrates; runoff; soil water; soil water balance; springs (water); urbanization; water management; water quality; water supply; watersheds; Jordan; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the semi-arid eastern Mediterranean water supply is highly dependent on karst aquifers. The region is characterized by multi-year dry and wet cycles combined with high hydrological dynamics, especially during intense precipitation events. The investigated karst regions in the West Bank and Jordan are experiencing strong urbanization within the groundwater catchments and hence a rising impact on ...
- Sohrt, Jakob; Ries, Fabian; Sauter, Martin; Lange, Jens
- Catena 2014 v.123 pp. 1-10
- West Bank, etc ; groundwater recharge; irrigation; karsts; mountains; particle size; preferential flow; rain; runoff; semiarid zones; soil density; soil depth; soil profiles; soil water; surveys; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In many semi-arid environments, the surface materials are frequently characterized by thin soils and large proportions of bare rock, both of which are expected to considerably influence infiltration and groundwater recharge processes. In this study, small plot scale irrigation experiments in combination with dye tracer application, as well as real-time and subsequent soil moisture measurements and ...