Jump to Main Content
- Quimby, Fred W.
- Laboratory animals 1994 v.28 no.2 pp. 158-171
- animal housing, etc ; laboratory animals; zoology; laws and regulations; animal welfare; infectious diseases; germ-free animals; animal husbandry; organizations; history; animal experimentation; United States; United Kingdom; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... During the past 25 years tremendous improvements have been made in the field of laboratory animal science. Refinements in genetic and microbial quality assurance and animal housing coupled with the development of professional expertise has contributed to enhanced animal well-being and a reduction in the variability of data collected from research animals. These advances occurred concomitant with a ...
- Raynor, T. H.; White, E. L.; Cheplen, J. M.; Sherrill, J. M.; Hamm, T. E.
- Laboratory animals 1984 v.18 no.1 pp. 45-51
- animal housing, etc ; laboratory animals; laboratory techniques; microbial contamination; animal experimentation; water purification; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... A commercially available water purification system was evaluated for its ability to minimize chemical and microbial contaminants. The reduction or removal of these impurities from the drinking water of experimental animals would reduce experimental variability. 3 strains of bacteria were collected from the processed water. An increase in the total number of bacteria was observed the longer the fil ...