Jump to Main Content
- Bahadir Koca, Seval, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Freshwater biology 2014 v.59 no.5 pp. 918-929
- Amphipoda; Aphanomyces astaci; DNA; Eriocheir sinensis; Isopoda; Mysidacea; crabs; crayfish; genotype; host range; hyphae; internal transcribed spacers; lakes; microsatellite repeats; parasites; pathogens; plague; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; screening; Sweden
- ... The oomycete Aphanomyces astaci is generally considered a parasite specific to freshwater crayfish, and it has become known as the crayfish plague pathogen. Old experimental work that reported transmission of crayfish plague to the Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinensis, and the ability of A. astaci to grow in non‐decapod crustaceans, has never been tested properly. We re‐evaluated the host range ...
- Bahadir Koca, Seval, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 1598-1605
- Astacus leptodactylus; Leptodactylus; amylases; carboxylic ester hydrolases; digestive enzymes; enzyme activity; females; freshwater crayfish; habitats; high fat foods; ice; intestines; lakes; males; midgut; omnivores; proteinases; stomach
- ... The effects of seasonal, sex and size on digestive enzyme activities of Astacus leptodactylus in natural habitat were investigated in the present study. The freshwater crayfish were sampled 584 individual as seasonally from Egirdir Lake. Ten male and 10 female individuals were sampled randomly from caught crayfish in each two different size ranges (4.5–7.0, 7.1–9.9 cm) and each season. The gastroi ...