Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: grove?
- Greve, Mogens Humlekrog, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ecological economics 2016 v.123 pp. 14-22
- agricultural land; carbon dioxide fixation; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; climate; cost effectiveness; ecosystem services; emissions; environmental policy; guidelines; land use; managers; reduced tillage; soil; soil organic carbon
- ... Soil organic carbon (SOC)11SOC: Soil Organic Carbon. plays a crucial role in regulating the global carbon cycle and its feedbacks within the Earth system. Compelling evidence exists that soil carbon stocks have reduced in many regions of the world, with these reductions often associated with agriculture. In a Danish context, research also suggests that soil carbon stocks are declining. The scope o ...
- Greve, Mogens Humlekrog, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil science 2013 v.178 no.9 pp. 505-517
- autocorrelation; clay fraction; computer-aided mapping; digital elevation models; geology; kriging; land use; landscapes; prediction; regression analysis; soil surveys; soil types; topsoil; Denmark
- ... Information on the spatial variability of soil texture including soil clay content in a landscape is very important for agricultural and environmental use. Different prediction techniques are available to assess and map spatial variability of soil properties, but selecting the most suitable technique at a given site has always been a major issue in all soil mapping applications. We studied the pre ...
- Greve, Mogens Humlekrog, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2003 v.96 no.1-3 pp. 19-28
- agricultural land; agricultural soils; arable soils; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; data collection; databases; environmental policy; forests; greenhouse gases; lakes; land use; plowing; soil organic carbon; soil texture; urban areas; wetland soils; wetlands; Denmark
- ... Accurate information regarding soil organic carbon (SOC) stocks is crucial to understanding the terrestrial carbon cycle and for setting environmental policies concerning C, such as those governing land use conversion and soil management. Soils may act as a sink or source of the greenhouse gas CO2 through exchange with the atmosphere. As soils contain a very large stock of organic C even small sto ...