Jump to Main Content
- Estell, Rick E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Journal of essential oil research 2010 v.22 no.2 pp. 140-142
- Ceanothus; leaves; branches; chemical constituents of plants; essential oils; volatile compounds; quantitative analysis; methyl salicylate; New Mexico
- ... Ceanothus gregii Gray was collected from the Jornada Experimental Range in south central New Mexico. Current year’s growth was collected from ten plants found within an approximate 50 m radius of N32°40.605’ and W106°33.486’at an altitude of 1,741 m during July 2001. Composite samples of the plants were steam distilled in triplicate, and the composite oil was analyzed using both GC-FID and GC/MS. ...
- Estell, Rick E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Rangeland ecology & management 2006 v.59 no.6 pp. 668
- Juniperus monosperma; forest trees; terpenoids; chemical constituents of plants; tree age; sampling; measurement; herbivores; feed intake; gas chromatography; mass spectrometry; leaves; frozen storage; storage conditions; cold storage; volatile compounds; temporal variation; duration; New Mexico
- ... Accurate estimation of one-seed juniper (Juniperus monosperma [[Engelm.]] Sarg.) intake by herbivores often requires harvesting, transporting, and storing plant material that is later used in pen experiments. Such manipulation could alter terpenoid profiles and modify herbivory levels significantly. We used gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS) to analyze the terpenoid profile of leaves fro ...