Jump to Main Content
- Tewari, Rajesh Kumar; Hadacek, Franz; Sassmann, Stefan; Lang, Ingeborg
- Environmental and experimental botany 2013 v.91 pp. 74-83
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Brassica napus; DNA fragmentation; NADP (coenzyme); catalase; cell death; chloroplasts; chromatin; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; hydroponics; hydroxyl radicals; iron; leaves; photosystem II; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Using iron-deprived (–Fe) chlorotic as well as green iron-deficient (5μM Fe) and iron-sufficient supplied (50μM Fe) leaves of young hydroponically reared Brassica napus plants, we explored iron deficiency effects on triggering programmed cell death (PCD) phenomena. Iron deficiency increased superoxide anion but decreased hydroxyl radical (OH) formation (TBARS levels). Impaired photosystem II effic ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chen, Z.; Gallie, D.R.
- plant cell 2004 v.16 no.5 pp. 1143-1162
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Triticum aestivum; wheat; Nicotiana tabacum; tobacco; guard cells; stomatal movement; ascorbic acid; glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate); enzyme activity; hydrogen peroxide; signal transduction; leaves; transpiration; stomatal conductance; diurnal variation; catalase; superoxide dismutase; messenger RNA; gene expression; glutathione; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... H2O2 serves an important stress signaling function and promotes stomatal closure, whereas ascorbic acid (Asc) is the major antioxidant that scavenges H2O2. Dehydroascorbate reductase (DHAR) catalyzes the reduction of dehydroascorbate (oxidized ascorbate) to Asc and thus contributes to the regulation of the Asc redox state. In this study, we observed that the level of H2O2 and the Asc redox state i ...
- PubMed Central: