Jump to Main Content
- Deleuran, L. C.; Olesen, M. H.; Shetty, N.; Gislum, R.; Boelt, B.
- Acta horticulturae 2018 no.1209 pp. 35-40
- Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis, etc ; cultivars; environmental factors; fresh produce; leaves; multispectral imagery; near-infrared spectroscopy; packaging; production technology; seed quality; seed testing; seeds; transportation; vegetable growing; viability; vigor; washing; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Seed is the most fundamental input in vegetable production on which the effectiveness of other inputs and outputs depends. If the seed is of poor quality, the use of other inputs is less successful and will occasionally be irrelevant. A definition of seed quality will depend upon the use for which the seed is intended. Viability, vigor, uniformity, purity and health of the seeds are quality parame ...
- Koo, Ok K.; Kim, Hun; Kim, Hyun J.; Baker, Christopher A.; Ricke, Steven C.
- Journal of environmental science and health 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 490-496
- Brassica rapa subsp. narinosa, etc ; Acinetobacter; Rhizobium; Sporosarcina; bacteria; bacterial communities; ecosystems; fresh produce; hydroponics; leaves; nutrient solutions; perlite; salads; sequence analysis; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Tatsoi (Brassica narinosa) is a popular Asian salad green that is mostly consumed as a source of fresh produce. The purpose of this study was to assess the microbial diversity of Tatsoi cultivated in a hydroponic system and of its ecosystem. Tatsoi leaves, nutrient solution, and perlite/earth samples from a trickle feed system (TFS) and an ebb-and-flow system (EFS) were collected and their microbi ...