Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Z.; Gallie, D.R.
- plant cell 2004 v.16 no.5 pp. 1143-1162
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Triticum aestivum; wheat; Nicotiana tabacum; tobacco; guard cells; stomatal movement; ascorbic acid; glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate); enzyme activity; hydrogen peroxide; signal transduction; leaves; transpiration; stomatal conductance; diurnal variation; catalase; superoxide dismutase; messenger RNA; gene expression; glutathione; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... H2O2 serves an important stress signaling function and promotes stomatal closure, whereas ascorbic acid (Asc) is the major antioxidant that scavenges H2O2. Dehydroascorbate reductase (DHAR) catalyzes the reduction of dehydroascorbate (oxidized ascorbate) to Asc and thus contributes to the regulation of the Asc redox state. In this study, we observed that the level of H2O2 and the Asc redox state i ...
- PubMed Central:
- Arisi, A.C.M.; Cornic, G.; Jouanin, L.; Foyer, C.H.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.2 pp. 565-574
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Populus tremula; hybrids; Populus alba; leaves; photosynthesis; net assimilation rate; light; carbon dioxide; pressure; oxidants; herbicides; hydrogen peroxide; glutathione; ascorbic acid; gene transfer; genetic transformation; Arabidopsis thaliana; chloroplasts; iron; superoxide dismutase; peroxidase; glutathione reductase (NADPH); oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; transgenic plants; gene expression; chemical constituents of plants; stress response; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Chloroplast-targeted overexpression of an Fe superoxide dismutase (SOD) from Arabidopsis thaliana resulted in substantially increased foliar SOD activities. Ascorbate peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and monodehydroascorbate reductase activities were similar in the leaves from all of the lines, but dehydroascorbate reductase activity was increased in the leaves of the FeSOD transformants relativ ...
- PubMed Central: