Jump to Main Content
- Tewari, Rajesh Kumar; Hadacek, Franz; Sassmann, Stefan; Lang, Ingeborg
- Environmental and experimental botany 2013 v.91 pp. 74-83
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Brassica napus; DNA fragmentation; NADP (coenzyme); catalase; cell death; chloroplasts; chromatin; homeostasis; hydrogen peroxide; hydroponics; hydroxyl radicals; iron; leaves; photosystem II; superoxide anion; superoxide dismutase; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Using iron-deprived (–Fe) chlorotic as well as green iron-deficient (5μM Fe) and iron-sufficient supplied (50μM Fe) leaves of young hydroponically reared Brassica napus plants, we explored iron deficiency effects on triggering programmed cell death (PCD) phenomena. Iron deficiency increased superoxide anion but decreased hydroxyl radical (OH) formation (TBARS levels). Impaired photosystem II effic ...
- PubMed Central:
- Arisi, A.C.M.; Cornic, G.; Jouanin, L.; Foyer, C.H.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.2 pp. 565-574
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Populus tremula; hybrids; Populus alba; leaves; photosynthesis; net assimilation rate; light; carbon dioxide; pressure; oxidants; herbicides; hydrogen peroxide; glutathione; ascorbic acid; gene transfer; genetic transformation; Arabidopsis thaliana; chloroplasts; iron; superoxide dismutase; peroxidase; glutathione reductase (NADPH); oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; transgenic plants; gene expression; chemical constituents of plants; stress response; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Chloroplast-targeted overexpression of an Fe superoxide dismutase (SOD) from Arabidopsis thaliana resulted in substantially increased foliar SOD activities. Ascorbate peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and monodehydroascorbate reductase activities were similar in the leaves from all of the lines, but dehydroascorbate reductase activity was increased in the leaves of the FeSOD transformants relativ ...
- PubMed Central: