Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Z.; Gallie, D.R.
- plant cell 2004 v.16 no.5 pp. 1143-1162
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Triticum aestivum; wheat; Nicotiana tabacum; tobacco; guard cells; stomatal movement; ascorbic acid; glutathione dehydrogenase (ascorbate); enzyme activity; hydrogen peroxide; signal transduction; leaves; transpiration; stomatal conductance; diurnal variation; catalase; superoxide dismutase; messenger RNA; gene expression; glutathione; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... H2O2 serves an important stress signaling function and promotes stomatal closure, whereas ascorbic acid (Asc) is the major antioxidant that scavenges H2O2. Dehydroascorbate reductase (DHAR) catalyzes the reduction of dehydroascorbate (oxidized ascorbate) to Asc and thus contributes to the regulation of the Asc redox state. In this study, we observed that the level of H2O2 and the Asc redox state i ...
- PubMed Central:
- Panchuk, I.I.; Volkov, R.A.; Schoffl, F.
- Plant physiology 2002 v.129 no.2 pp. 838-853
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; transgenic plants; leaves; plant extracts; peroxidase; isozymes; genes; messenger RNA; gene expression; enzyme activity; heat stress; transcription factors; heat treatment; heat shock proteins; ascorbic acid; nucleotide sequences; chemical constituents of plants; ascorbate peroxidase; oxidative stress; enzyme stability; stress response; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... To find evidence for a connection between heat stress response, oxidative stress, and common stress tolerance, we studied the effects of elevated growth temperatures and heat stress on the activity and expression of ascorbate peroxidase (APX). We compared wild-type Arabidopsis with transgenic plants overexpressing heat shock transcription factor 3 (HSF3), which synthesize heat shock proteins and a ...
- PubMed Central: