Jump to Main Content
- Panchuk, I.I.; Volkov, R.A.; Schoffl, F.
- Plant physiology 2002 v.129 no.2 pp. 838-853
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Arabidopsis thaliana; transgenic plants; leaves; plant extracts; peroxidase; isozymes; genes; messenger RNA; gene expression; enzyme activity; heat stress; transcription factors; heat treatment; heat shock proteins; ascorbic acid; nucleotide sequences; chemical constituents of plants; ascorbate peroxidase; oxidative stress; enzyme stability; stress response; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... To find evidence for a connection between heat stress response, oxidative stress, and common stress tolerance, we studied the effects of elevated growth temperatures and heat stress on the activity and expression of ascorbate peroxidase (APX). We compared wild-type Arabidopsis with transgenic plants overexpressing heat shock transcription factor 3 (HSF3), which synthesize heat shock proteins and a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Arisi, A.C.M.; Cornic, G.; Jouanin, L.; Foyer, C.H.
- Plant physiology 1998 v.117 no.2 pp. 565-574
- dehydroascorbic acid, etc ; Populus tremula; hybrids; Populus alba; leaves; photosynthesis; net assimilation rate; light; carbon dioxide; pressure; oxidants; herbicides; hydrogen peroxide; glutathione; ascorbic acid; gene transfer; genetic transformation; Arabidopsis thaliana; chloroplasts; iron; superoxide dismutase; peroxidase; glutathione reductase (NADPH); oxidoreductases; enzyme activity; transgenic plants; gene expression; chemical constituents of plants; stress response; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... Chloroplast-targeted overexpression of an Fe superoxide dismutase (SOD) from Arabidopsis thaliana resulted in substantially increased foliar SOD activities. Ascorbate peroxidase, glutathione reductase, and monodehydroascorbate reductase activities were similar in the leaves from all of the lines, but dehydroascorbate reductase activity was increased in the leaves of the FeSOD transformants relativ ...
- PubMed Central: