Jump to Main Content
- Wagner Juliane; Schieberle Peter; Granvogl Michael
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.1 pp. 132-138
- cineole; flavor compounds; isotope dilution technique; licorice; models; odor compounds; odors; stable isotopes; sucrose; vanillin
- ... Application of the sensomics concept elucidated the key odorants of heat-processed licorice (Succus Liquiritiae). Forty-nine aroma-active compounds with flavor dilution (FD) factors between 16 and 2048 were detected; 47 thereof were identified, 23 for the first time in heated licorice. 4-Hydroxy-2,5-dimethylfuran-3(2H)-one revealed the highest FD factor of 2048, followed by 3-hydroxy-4,5-dimethylf ...
- Cheel, José; Antwerpen, Pierre Van; Tůmová, Lenka; Onofre, Gabriela; Vokurková, Doris; Zouaoui-Boudjeltia, Karim; Vanhaeverbeek, Michel; Nève, Jean
- Food chemistry 2010 v.122 no.3 pp. 508-517
- free radical scavengers; antioxidant activity; immune response; licorice; Glycyrrhiza glabra; food analysis; food composition; flavor compounds; glycyrrhizin; functional foods
- ... To contribute to the understanding of the mechanisms underlying the beneficial effects of licorice, the antioxidant, free radical-scavenging and immunostimulating effects of a licorice infusion (LI) were investigated, and its chemical profile was determined. Two major components of LI were identified as (1) liquiritin and (2) glycyrrhizin. LI weakly scavenged DPPH , and compounds 1 and 2 showed ne ...