Jump to Main Content
- Mattila, Jussi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Geomorphology 2019 v.326 pp. 213-224
- anisotropy; deformation; earthquakes; geophysics; glaciers; isotropy; lidar; liquefaction; radioactive waste; sediments; transportation; Finland; Lapland; Scandinavia
- ... Postglacial faults (PGFs) are common SW-NE-trending features in the northern part of the Fennoscandian shield being attributed to former high-magnitude (Mw ≈ 7–8.2) earthquakes (Arvidsson, 1996). These are of interest for the long-term seismic hazard of deep geological nuclear waste repositories. The PGFs are still seismically active; and many of the deformation features, such as paleolandslides, ...
- Mattila, Jussi, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Global and planetary change 2017 v.157 pp. 59-72
- bedrock; cutting; digital elevation models; drilling; earthquakes; geometry; geophysics; landslides; lidar; organic matter; quaternary deposits; trenching; uncertainty; Finland
- ... Analysis of airborne LiDAR-based digital elevation models (DEMs), trenching of Quaternary deposits, and diamond drilling through faulted bedrock was conducted to characterize the geological structure and full slip profiles of the Isovaara–Riikonkumpu postglacial fault (PGF) complex in northern Finland. The PGF systems are recognized from LiDAR DEMs as a complex of surface ruptures striking SW–NE, ...