Jump to Main Content
- Pan, Minghu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.34 pp. 19473-19480
- ambient temperature; density functional theory; gold; image analysis; ligands; nanogold; physical chemistry; scanning tunneling microscopy
- ... The stability of the self-assembled RS–Au–SR (R = CH₂CH₃)/Au(111) interface at room temperature has been investigated using scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) in conjunction with density functional theory (DFT) and MD calculations. The RS–Au–SR staple, also known as Au-adatom-dithiolate, assembles into staple rows along the [112̅] direction. STM imaging reveals that while the staple rows are able ...
- Pan, Minghu, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.25 pp. 6666-6672
- ambient temperature; dissociation; gold; ligands; physical chemistry; scanning tunneling microscopy; separation
- ... A self-assembled monolayer (SAM) consisting of a mixture of CH₃S–Au–SCH₃, CH₃S–Au–S(CH₂)₂CH₃, and CH₃(CH₂)₂S–Au–S(CH₂)₂CH₃ was studied systematically using scanning tunneling microscopy and density functional calculations. We find that the SAM is subjected to frequent changes at the molecular level on the time scale of ∼minutes. The presence of CH₃S or CH₃S–Au as a dissociation product of CH₃S–Au– ...