Jump to Main Content
- Qin, Lingyun, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.44 pp. 5943-5954
- amino acid sequences; binding capacity; chemical interactions; drugs; engineering; ligands; mice; models; molecular dynamics; mutants; oncogene proteins; pharmacology; prediction; protein conformation; protein engineering; screening
- ... The oncoprotein MdmX (mouse double minute X) is highly homologous to Mdm2 (mouse double minute 2) in terms of their amino acid sequences and three-dimensional conformations, but Mdm2 inhibitors exhibit very weak affinity for MdmX, providing an excellent model for exploring how protein conformation distinguishes and alters inhibitor binding. The intrinsic conformation flexibility of proteins plays ...
- Qin, Lingyun, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biochemistry 2017 v.56 no.25 pp. 3273-3282
- amino acids; antineoplastic activity; drugs; fluorescence; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; ligands; models; neoplasms; oncogene proteins; screening; therapeutics
- ... In nearly half of cancers, the anticancer activity of p53 protein is often impaired by the overexpressed oncoprotein Mdm2 and its homologue, MdmX, demanding efficient therapeutics to disrupt the aberrant p53–MdmX/Mdm2 interactions to restore the p53 activity. While many potent Mdm2-specific inhibitors have already undergone clinical investigations, searching for MdmX-specific inhibitors has become ...