Jump to Main Content
- Hosseini-Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2016 v.64 no.41 pp. 7770-7781
- Olea europaea; clones; complementary DNA; cultivars; fatty acid composition; gene expression; genes; linoleic acid; mesocarp; oleic acid; olives; sequence analysis; tissues; transcription (genetics); virgin olive oil
- ... The specific contribution of different stearoyl-ACP desaturase (SAD) genes to the oleic acid content in olive (Olea europaea) fruit has been studied. Toward that end, we isolated three distinct cDNA clones encoding three SAD isoforms from olive (cv. Picual), as revealed by sequence analysis. The expression levels of olive SAD genes were determined in different tissues from Picual and Arbequina cul ...
- Hosseini‐Mazinani, Mehdi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2015 v.117 no.4 pp. 523-531
- color; cultivars; fatty acid composition; flowering; fruiting; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; linoleic acid; lipid content; mesocarp; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; oils; oleic acid; olives; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; ripening
- ... To understand the molecular basis of the higher oleic/linoleic acid content in Mari and Koroneiki with respect to Shengeh and Arbequina olive cultivars, we have focused on analysis of fatty acids, as well as expression levels of OeSAD and three oleate desaturase genes during fruit development and ripening. The mesocarp oil content was determined using a Minispec NMR. Moreover, oleic and linoleic a ...