Jump to Main Content
- Rodrigues, Christianne E. C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2018 v.120 no.7 pp. e1800092
- Macadamia; byproducts; defatted products; ethanol; fatty acid composition; food industry; functional properties; hexane; ingredients; isopropyl alcohol; liquids; nitrogen; oilmeals; oils; oilseeds; protein concentrates; protein content; raw materials; solubility; solvents; temperature; toxicity
- ... The aim of this study is to evaluate the performance of ethanol and isopropanol in the extraction of macadamia oil and the production of protein concentrates from the defatted meal. Partially defatted macadamia cake is submitted to batch extractions in one stage of contact at 60, 75, and 90 °C, while the sequential extraction trials considering four stages are performed at 75 °C. Oil extraction yi ...
- Rodrigues, Christianne E. C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2018 v.57 no.16 pp. 5670-5679
- Citrus; air; citral; computer software; essential oils; liquid-liquid extraction; liquids; odors; process design; solvents; vapors
- ... Citrus essential oils’ (CEOs’) quality has been enhanced by solvent extraction, aiming at both the recovery of extract phases enriched on oxygenated compounds and maintenance of the typical citrus aroma. The air diffusion of aroma-active compounds found in crude CEOs, orange and acid lime, and their extract phases obtained by liquid–liquid extraction using hydroalcoholic solvents were thus evaluat ...