Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Yaru, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry 2018 v.6 no.30 pp. 14894-14902
- active sites; anodes; electrolytes; lithium batteries; pyrolysis; transmission electron microscopes; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Dodecahedral nanocarbons with highly curving concave faces are synthesized via a one-step direct pyrolysis strategy. When tested as anodes in lithium-ion batteries (LIBs), the concave dodecahedral carbons (CDCs) show much enhanced capacity (∼2 times) and improved rate capability (603 mA h g⁻¹ at 2000 mA g⁻¹), when compared with the perfect ones without curved planes (PDCs, 280 mA h g⁻¹). The curvi ...
- Zhang, Yaru, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry 2018 v.6 no.25 pp. 11978-11984
- activation energy; cathodes; chemistry; enthalpy; ions; lithium; lithium batteries; melons; nickel; sulfides; transmission electron microscopy
- ... As one of the promising cathode materials, NiS₂ delivers an ultrahigh theoretical capacity of 870 mA h g⁻¹. However, it suffers from huge capacity fading during multiple cycles because of the close formation enthalpy between NiS₂ and other nickel sulphides (Ni₃S₄, Ni₃S₂ and NiS) and the large volumetric expansion during charging. To overcome these drawbacks, and being inspired by the morphology of ...