Jump to Main Content
- Palomo, María Gabriela; Bagur, María; Quiroga, Marina; Soria, Sabrina; Bugnot, Ana
- Marine biology 2016 v.163 no.8 pp. 178
- Phyllophoraceae, etc ; Schizymenia; biodiversity; biomass; coasts; ecosystem engineers; ecosystems; environmental impact; indigenous species; invasive species; littoral zone; macroalgae; microhabitats; thallus; Argentina; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Non-indigenous marine species often change the abundance and diversity of native species in coastal ecosystems. On the SW Atlantic coast, the macroalgae Ahnfeltiopsis sp. (Rhodophyta, Phyllophoraceae) and Schizymenia dubyi (Rhodophyta, Schizymeniaceae) have invaded the intertidal rocky shore of Mar del Plata, Argentina (38°S, 57°W). To study the spread and ecological associations of these invasive ...
- Lindstrom, Sandra C.
- Journal of phycology 2008 v.44 no.5 pp. 1300-1308
- Phyllophoraceae, etc ; coasts; genes; internal transcribed spacers; littoral zone; phylogeny; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; surveys; Alaska; British Columbia; California; Mexico; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Mastocarpus papillatus (C. Agardh) Kütz. is a common intertidal red alga occurring along the west coast of North America from Baja California to Alaska. Sequencing of both the chloroplast-encoded rbcL gene and the nuclear ribosomal internal transcribed spacer (ITS) regions of ~200 specimens from California to Alaska revealed that M. papillatus is actually a complex of at least five species. All fi ...