Jump to Main Content
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2016 v.129 no.1 pp. 31-43
- Brachypodium; Fusarium head blight; Oryza sativa; Triticum turgidum subsp. dicoccoides; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; breeding; chromosome mapping; disease resistance; durum wheat; genetic markers; homozygosity; loci; microsatellite repeats; quantitative trait loci; rice
- ... KEY MESSAGE : New molecular markers were developed and mapped to the FHB resistance QTL region in high resolution. Micro-collinearity of the QTL region with rice and Brachypodium was revealed for a better understanding of the genomic region. The wild emmer wheat (Triticum dicoccoides)-derived Fusarium head blight (FHB) resistance quantitative trait locus (QTL) Qfhs.ndsu-3AS previously mapped to th ...
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Crop science 2012 v.52 no.1 pp. 136-145
- Fusarium graminearum; Fusarium head blight; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; alleles; cluster analysis; cultivars; durum wheat; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotype; germplasm; greenhouses; hexaploidy; loci; polymerase chain reaction; tetraploidy; Israel
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) caused by Schwabe causes extensive losses in durum wheat [ subsp. (Desf.) Husn.]. The only verified resistance contributed by a tetraploid wheat species comes from L. subsp. (Körn. ex Asch. & Graebn.) Thell. This research was conducted to determine whether five Tunisian durum lines exhibiting Type II FHB resistance carry the same resistance alleles as the hexaploid wheat ...
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2007 v.19 no.2 pp. 113-124
- Fusarium head blight; Triticum aestivum; chromosome mapping; cultivars; durum wheat; genetic distance; loci; marker-assisted selection; microsatellite repeats; molecular cloning; quantitative trait loci; tetraploidy
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) is a devastating disease of cultivated wheat worldwide. Partial resistance to FHB has been identified in common wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). However, sources of effective FHB resistance have not been found in durum wheat (T. turgidum L. var. durum). A major FHB resistance quantitative trait loci (QTL), Qfhs.ndsu-3AS, was identified on chromosome 3A of T. dicoccoides, a ...