Jump to Main Content
- Coelho, Nelson C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Ecology 2010 v.91 no.1 pp. 49-56
- Macrocystis pyrifera; alleles; coasts; gene flow; genetic distance; genetic markers; genetic variation; geographic information systems; habitats; landscapes; loci; macroalgae; models; population size; regression analysis; spore dispersal
- ... Isolation by distance (IBD) models are widely used to predict levels of genetic connectivity as a function of Euclidean distance, and although recent studies have used GIS‐landscape ecological approaches to improve the predictability of spatial genetic structure, few if any have addressed the effect of habitat continuity on gene flow. Landscape effects on genetic connectivity are even less underst ...
- Coelho, Nélson C., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Conservation genetics 2009 v.10 no.6 pp. 1915-1917
- Macrocystis pyrifera; alleles; ecology; genomic libraries; loci; macroalgae; microsatellite repeats; population genetics; screening
- ... We report the isolation and characterization of 16 microsatellite loci to study the population genetics of the giant kelp, Macrocystis pyrifera. Markers were obtained by screening a genomic library enriched for microsatellite motifs. Of the 37 primer pairs defined, 16 amplified clean polymorphic microsatellites and are described. These loci identified a number of alleles ranging from three to fort ...