Jump to Main Content
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Plant biotechnology journal 2016 v.14 no.8 pp. 1716-1726
- Aegilops tauschii; Triticum; amino acids; bacterial artificial chromosomes; cytoplasm; gene expression; genes; genotyping; germplasm; loci; mutation; open reading frames; phenotype; radiation hybrid mapping; wheat
- ... The nuclear‐encoded species cytoplasm specific (scs) genes control nuclear–cytoplasmic compatibility in wheat (genus Triticum). Alloplasmic cells, which have nucleus and cytoplasm derived from different species, produce vigorous and vital organisms only when the correct version of scs is present in their nucleus. In this study, bulks of in vivo radiation hybrids segregating for the scs phenotype h ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kianian, Shahryar F., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Functional & integrative genomics 2013 v.13 no.1 pp. 19-32
- Brachypodium distachyon; Oryza sativa; Sorghum bicolor; Triticum aestivum; chromosome mapping; cytoplasm; genes; hybrids; loci; nuclear-cytoplasmic interactions; wheat
- ... The species cytoplasm specific (scs) genes affect nuclear-cytoplasmic interactions in interspecific hybrids. A radiation hybrid (RH) mapping population of 188 individuals was employed to refine the location of the scs ᵃᵉ locus on Triticum aestivum chromosome 1D. “Wheat Zapper,” a comparative genomics tool, was used to predict synteny between wheat chromosome 1D, Oryza sativa, Brachypodium distachy ...