Jump to Main Content
- Stick, John A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2013 v.74 no.9 pp. 1231-1238
- collagen; exercise; gelatinase A; gene expression; genetic markers; hemorrhage; horses; immunohistochemistry; lungs; messenger RNA; morphometry; platelet-derived growth factor; protein synthesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; transforming growth factor beta; vascular endothelial growth factors
- ... Objective-To determine the effects of 2 weeks of intense exercise on expression of markers of pulmonary venous remodeling in the caudodorsal and cranioventral regions of the lungs of horses. Animals-6 horses. Procedures-Tissue samples of the caudodorsal and cranioventral regions of lungs were obtained before and after conditioning and 2 weeks of intense exercise. Pulmonary veins were isolated, and ...
- Stick, John A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2002 v.63 no.9 pp. 1232-1240
- blood gases; clinical examination; diaphragm; heart; heart rate; horses; inflammation; lungs; pH; radiography; resection; respiratory rate; sedatives; thoracic cavity; thoracoscopy; tissues; ultrasonography
- ... Objective-To evaluate the safety and efficacy of thoracoscopically guided pulmonary wedge resection in horses. Animals-10 horses (5 control horses and 5 horses affected with recurrent airway obstruction [ie, heaves]). Procedure-Each horse underwent a thoracoscopically guided pulmonary wedge resection. Before, during, and after surgery, heart rate, respiratory rate, arterial blood gases, and system ...