Jump to Main Content
- Terrazas, César A., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2015 v.78 no.4 pp. 653-657
- Leishmania donovani; Nectandra hihua; amastigotes; antiparasitic properties; branches; cytotoxicity; fractionation; immunomodulators; inhibitory concentration 50; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; leishmaniasis; macrophages; mammals; metabolites; nitric oxide; parasites
- ... Three phenylpropanoid dimers (1–3) including two new metabolites were isolated from the extract of the twigs of Nectandra leucantha using antileishmanial bioassay-guided fractionation. The in vitro antiparasitic activity of the isolated compounds against Leishmania donovani parasites and mammalian cytotoxicity and immunomodulatory effects were evaluated. Compounds 1–3 were effective against the in ...
- PubMed Central:
- Terrazas, César A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal for parasitology 2010 v.40 no.6 pp. 731-742
- Taenia crassiceps; cysticercosis; macrophages; mice; parasites
- ... To determine the role of alternatively activated macrophages in modulating the outcome of experimental cysticercosis caused by Taenia crassiceps, we investigated the effect of removal of alternatively activated macrophage by injecting clodronate-loaded liposomes into susceptible BALB/c mice. Following T. crassiceps infection, mice receiving PBS-loaded liposomes developed a dominant Th2-type respon ...