Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Shun-Feng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.227 pp. 63-71
- biochar; catalysts; hydrogen; iron oxides; magnetism; nanoparticles; p-nitrophenol; palladium; pollutants; pollution control; reducing agents; silver; synergism
- ... The catalytic reduction of diverse pollutants by noble metal catalysts in the presence of reductants is a highly effective and widely used method. However, the considerable cost of noble metal catalysts impedes the practical application of this method, and the recovery of excessive reductants has not been reported previously. In this work, we prepared inexpensive biochar-supported magnetic noble m ...
- Jiang, Shun-Feng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial & engineering chemistry process design and development 2018 v.57 no.39 pp. 13055-13064
- biochar; carbon; catalytic activity; deprotonation; desorption; electron transfer; energy; hydrogen; iron; magnetism; nanoparticles; oxygen; p-nitrophenol; palladium; process design; pyrolysis; sawdust
- ... In this study, the catalytic activity and stability of Pd nanoparticles during the reduction of 4-nitrophenol (4-NP) were significantly enhanced by the interaction of Fe₃O₄/biochar support prepared by pyrolysis of fir sawdust. Compared with the commercial Pd/C with 5% of Pd content, the as-synthesized Pd@Fe₃O₄/biochar with only 1.58% of Pd content exhibited twice higher catalytic performance towar ...