Jump to Main Content
- Bahadir Koca, Seval, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Animal reproduction science 2019
- Curcuma longa; Pseudotropheus; adverse effects; breeding stock; dietary supplements; eggs; enteritis; fecundity; females; fish; hatching; histology; histopathology; larvae; liver; males; ovarian follicles; ovulation; reproductive performance; spawning; survival rate; turmeric
- ... This study was conducted to determine the effect of turmeric powder dietary supplementation on the histology of visceral organs and reproductive performance of Pseudotropheus acei. The fish were fed dietary additions of 0%, 1%, 3%, 5%, and 7% turmeric powder. Each treatment was replicated three times. There were one male and four female fish with a mean weight of 6 g in each replicate. The fish we ...
- Bahadir Koca, Seval, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2018 v.49 no.4 pp. 1598-1605
- Astacus leptodactylus; Leptodactylus; amylases; carboxylic ester hydrolases; digestive enzymes; enzyme activity; females; freshwater crayfish; habitats; high fat foods; ice; intestines; lakes; males; midgut; omnivores; proteinases; stomach
- ... The effects of seasonal, sex and size on digestive enzyme activities of Astacus leptodactylus in natural habitat were investigated in the present study. The freshwater crayfish were sampled 584 individual as seasonally from Egirdir Lake. Ten male and 10 female individuals were sampled randomly from caught crayfish in each two different size ranges (4.5–7.0, 7.1–9.9 cm) and each season. The gastroi ...