Jump to Main Content
- Bott, Kirsten N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism 2016 v.41 no.6 pp. 597-604
- bone density; bone strength; dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; food intake; males; mandible (bone); mastication; materials testing; metabolism; micro-computed tomography; rats; skeleton; tibia; vertebrae
- ... Bone microarchitecture, bone mineral density (BMD), and bone strength are affected positively by impact activities such as running; however, there are discrepancies in the magnitude of these effects. These inconsistencies are mainly a result of varying training protocols, analysis techniques, and whether or not the skeletal sites measured are weight bearing. This study’s purpose was to determine t ...
- Bott, Kirsten N., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Molecular nutrition & food research 2017 v.61 no.10
- body composition; bone density; males; mice; muscles; obesogenic diet; sucrose
- ... SCOPE: The effects of a long‐term high fat and sucrose diet (HFS) superimposed with aging on bone and muscle structure and/or function. METHODS AND RESULTS: Male C57BL/6J mice (20 weeks of age) were randomized to 1 of 3 groups: baseline (BSL, n = 12), or assigned to a control (AGE, n = 12) or HFS (HFS‐AGE, n = 11) diet for 13 weeks. Trabecular bone structure, volumetric bone mineral density (vBMD) ...