Jump to Main Content
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.212 pp. 1047-1057
- bioaccumulation; bisphenol A; blood serum; cytochrome P-450; environmental monitoring; enzymes; flame retardants; humans; liver microsomes; mass spectrometry; metabolism; organophosphorus compounds; phosphates; secondary metabolites; toxicity
- ... The aim of the present study was to investigate the in vitro metabolism of two emerging organophosphate flame retardants, namely tetrekis(2-chlorethyl)dichloroisopentyldiphosphate (V6) and bisphenol-A bis-diphenyl phosphate (BDP) in human liver microsomes (HLMs), HLM S9 fractions and in human serum. In particular, the role of cytochrome P450 (CYPs) enzymes and/or paraoxonases (PONs) in the formati ...
- Voorspoels, Stefan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Environment international 2014 v.73 pp. 259-269
- acceptable daily intake; adults; beverages; bisphenol A; body weight; dibutyl phthalate; dietary exposure; dietary surveys; dimethyl phthalate; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; food safety; grocery stores; humans; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; meat products; reproduction; Norway
- ... Phthalates and bisphenol A (BPA) are ubiquitous in our environment. These chemicals have been characterized as endocrine disruptors that can cause functional impairment of development and reproduction. Processed and packaged foods are among the major sources of human exposure to these chemicals. No previous report showing the levels of these chemicals in food items purchased in Norway is available ...