Jump to Main Content
- Basile, Angelo, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2012 v.66 no.7 pp. 1797-1807
- aggregate stability; clay soils; field experimentation; image analysis; infiltrometers; irrigated soils; mathematical models; porosity; saline soils; saline water; sodium chloride; soil sampling; soil structure; unsaturated hydraulic conductivity; water flow
- ... Water flow and solute transport numerical modeling is strongly limited due to the lack and difficulty in obtaining hydraulic property data in saline soils. A comparison of different techniques for physical characterization of soil structure is carried out in this study aiming to emphasize the complementarities and the synergy of the different approaches and their suitability for soils affected by ...
- Basile, Angelo, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of contaminant hydrology 2009 v.104 no.1-4 pp. 74-83
- preferential flow; soil transport processes; solutes; soil pore system; clay soils; sandy soils; porous media; soil heterogeneity; soil structure; soil water retention; hydraulic conductivity; macropores; macropore flow; mathematical models
- ... Soils often exhibit a variety of small-scale heterogeneities such as inter-aggregate pores and voids which partition flow into separate regions. In this paper a methodological approach is discussed for characterizing the hydrological behaviour of a heterogeneous clayey-sandy soil in the presence of structural inter-aggregate pores. For the clay soil examined, it was demonstrated that, coupling the ...