Jump to Main Content
- Borges, Alisson C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2017 v.228 no.6 pp. 213
- biodegradation; biodiesel; byproducts; chemical oxygen demand; fuel production; glycerol; inoculum; mathematical models; mixing; pH; process control; temperature; wastewater
- ... Economic and environmental stimuli for biodiesel production have also increased production of glycerol, a byproduct present in biodiesel industry wastewater (BIW). The objective of the present study was to analyze which factors influenced glycerol biodegradation in anaerobic sequencing batch reactors (AnSBR) in the attempt to optimize chemical oxygen demand (COD) removal efficiency. Six factors we ...
- Borges, Alisson C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental technology 2014 v.35 no.16 pp. 2095-2103
- Escherichia coli; Mentha aquatica; coliform bacteria; constructed wetlands; environmental technology; gravel; mathematical models; planting; sewage; sewage treatment; subsurface flow
- ... The present study evaluated the performance of the species Mentha aquatica in constructed wetlands of horizontal subsurface flow (CW-HSSF) with regard to the removal of coliforms bacteria in an effluent from the primary treatment of sewage as well as to obtain adjustment parameters of the bacterial decay kinetic model along the length of the CW-HSSF. Therefore, four CW-HSSFs measuring 24.0 m×1.0 m ...