Jump to Main Content
- Bailleul, F., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2014 v.59 no.4 pp. 412-421
- Dorema; Ferula; Perovskia; aerial parts; agar; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; biological assessment; chemical structure; medicinal plants; plant extracts; screening; seeds; traditional medicine; yeasts; Iran
- ... The antimicrobial activities of 44 methanolic extracts from different parts of Iranian indigenous plant species used in traditional medicines of Iran were tested against a panel of 35 pathogenic and multiresistant bacteria and 1 yeast. The antimicrobial efficacy was determined using Müller–Hinton agar in Petri dishes seeded by a multiple inoculator and minimal inhibition concentration (MIC) method ...
- Bailleul, F., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of ethnopharmacology 2006 v.104 no.1-2 pp. 263-269
- reproductive disorders; nitric oxide synthase; Microdesmis; medicinal plants; plant extracts; penis; antihypertensive effect; vasodilation; chemical constituents of plants; enzyme activity; roots; antioxidants
- ... Endothelial isoform of nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) mRNA expression increases in the corpora cavernosum, penile arteries and arterioles during erection. But eNOS expression and nitric oxide (NO), the product of its catalytic action, are inactivated by reactive oxygen species (ROS), especially by superoxide anion. ROS are involved in the impairment of endothelium-dependent relaxation and are respon ...