Jump to Main Content
- Tabaran, Flaviu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2016 v.161 pp. 402-410
- DNA; DNA damage; Western blotting; adjuvants; apoptosis; cytoskeleton; defense mechanisms; melanin; melanocytes; melanogenesis; melanoma; oxidative stress; peroxidase; photosensitizing agents; pigmentation; porphyrins; spectroscopy; staining; therapeutics
- ... Melanoma, a cancer derived from melanocytes is very difficult to treat, especially in advanced cases. There are several encouraging studies of the efficacy of photodynamic therapy (PDT) in melanoma. However, PDT has to overcome the main defense mechanisms like: defects in the apoptotic pathways, pigmentation, sequestration of the photosensitisers (PS) inside melanosomes and increased oxidative str ...
- Tăbăran, Flaviu, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant foods for human nutrition 2017 v.72 no.4 pp. 404-410
- active ingredients; anthocyanins; biomarkers; cell proliferation; cyanidin; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; functional foods; glycosylation; grapes; industry; liquid chromatography; melanoma; membrane potential; mitochondrial membrane; oxidative stress; sugars
- ... Anthocyanins are water soluble pigments which have been proved to exhibit health benefits. Several studies have investigated their effects on several types of cancer, but little attention has been given to melanoma. The phytochemical content of nine different berry samples was assessed by liquid chromatography followed by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI⁺-MS). Twenty-six anthocyan ...
- Tăbăran, Flaviu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2013 v.95 pp. 436-444
- anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; apoptosis; blueberries; chemoprevention; cultivars; electrospray ionization mass spectrometry; high performance liquid chromatography; melanoma; metastasis; mice; Romania
- ... Blueberry consumption is associated with health benefits contributing to a reduced risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer. The aim of this study was to determine the anthocyanin profile of blueberry extracts and to evaluate their effects on B16-F10 metastatic melanoma murine cells. Seven blueberry cultivars cultivated in Romania were used. The blueberry extracts were purified over an ...