Jump to Main Content
- Ghosh, Arnab K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Life sciences 2017 v.180 pp. 123-136
- ascorbic acid; calorimetry; cardiovascular diseases; catalase; chlorides; copper; cytosol; free radical scavengers; free radicals; goats; heart; melatonin; mitochondria; oxidative stress; peroxisomes; superoxide dismutase; titration
- ... Involvement of oxidative stress in cardiovascular diseases is well established. Melatonin's role as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger via its receptor dependent and receptor independent pathways is well known. The aim of this study is to identify and elaborate upon a third mechanism by which melatonin is able to abrogate oxidative stress.Oxidative stress was induced in vitro, by copper (0. ...
- Banerjee, Arnab, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Reproduction 2009 v.138 no.6 pp. 935-944
- Cynopterus; blood serum; corpus luteum; embryogenesis; in vitro studies; luteinizing hormone; melatonin; progesterone; progesterone receptors; seasonal variation; steroidogenesis
- ... The aim of the present study was to evaluate the seasonal variation in serum melatonin levels and their relationship to the changes in the serum progesterone level, ovarian steroidogenesis, and embryonic development during two successive pregnancies of Cynopterus sphinx. Circulating melatonin concentrations showed two peaks; one coincided with the period of low progesterone synthesis and delayed e ...