Jump to Main Content
- Hess, Jeremy J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Climatic change 2019 v.153 no.1-2 pp. 1-14
- climate change; drought; economic impact; environmental hazards; food security; funding; governance; health services; indigenous peoples; infectious diseases; livelihood; mental health; monitoring; public health; sanitation; sea level; social capital; water supply; Alaska; Fiji; Louisiana; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Solomon Islands; Vanuatu; Washington (state)
- ... In coming decades, sea level rise associated with climate change will make some communities uninhabitable. Managed retreat, or planned relocation, is a proactive response prior to catastrophic necessity. Managed retreat has disruptive health, sociocultural, and economic impacts on communities that relocate. Health impacts include mental health, social capital, food security, water supply, sanitati ...
- Hess, Jeremy J., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.168 pp. 270-277
- air; chi-square distribution; climate change; health care workers; literacy; malnutrition; medicine; mental health; questionnaires; regression analysis; students; universities; China
- ... Climate change is the biggest global health threat of the 21st century. Medical students will lead the health sector responses and adaptation efforts in the near future, yet little is known in China about their knowledge, perceptions and preparedness to meet these challenges.A nationwide study was conducted at five medical universities across different regions of China using a two-stage stratified ...