Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Yin; Dumont, Marc G.; McNamara, Niall P.; Chamberlain, Paul M.; Bodrossy, Levente; Stralis-Pavese, Nancy; Murrell, J. Colin
- Environmental microbiology 2008 v.10 no.2 pp. 446-459
- Methylocella, etc ; Calluna vulgaris; Methylocystis; community structure; fatty acids; gamma-Proteobacteria; genes; habitats; heathlands; messenger RNA; methane; methanotrophs; microarray technology; oxidation; peatlands; soil; soil sampling; United Kingdom; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The active methanotroph community was investigated for the first time in heather (Calluna)-covered moorlands and Sphagnum/Eriophorum-covered UK peatlands. Direct extraction of mRNA from these soils facilitated detection of expression of methane monooxygenase genes, which revealed that particulate methane monooxygenase and not soluble methane monooxygenase was probably responsible for CH₄ oxidation ...
- Chen, Yin; Dumont, Marc G.; Cébron, Aurélie; Murrell, J. Colin
- Environmental microbiology 2007 v.9 no.11 pp. 2855-2869
- Methylocella, etc ; Methylobacter; Methylocystis; Methylomonas; Methylosarcina; complementary DNA; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; gene expression; genes; landfills; messenger RNA; methane; methanol; methanotrophs; oxidation; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; soil; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Active methanotrophs in a landfill soil were revealed by detecting the 16S rRNA of methanotrophs and the mRNA transcripts of key genes involved in methane oxidation. New 16S rRNA primers targeting type I and type II methanotrophs were designed and optimized for analysis by denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis. Direct extraction of RNA from soil enabled the analysis of the expression of the func ...