Jump to Main Content
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2017 v.65 no.3 pp. 586-595
- Clostridium; Mediterranean diet; acids; bioactive compounds; correlation; eating habits; elderly; feces; metabolites; polyphenols; volunteers
- ... Despite the evidence regarding the influence of certain polyphenol food sources on the metabolic profile in feces, the association between the different phenolics provided by the diet and the fecal phenolic profile has not been elucidated. In this study, the composition of phenolic metabolites in fecal solutions was analyzed by UPLC-ESI-MS/MS in 74 volunteers. This fecal phenolic profile showed a ...
- Moreno-Arribas, M. Victoria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.39 pp. 9470-9479
- acids; feces; human population; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; polyphenols; randomized clinical trials; red wines; volunteers
- ... A controlled and randomized trial study involving 41 healthy volunteers (33 intervention and 8 control subjects) was performed in order to establish changes in the microbial-derived phenolic metabolite profile of feces after moderate consumption of red wine (250 mL/day, 4 weeks). Out of the 35 phenolic metabolites identified, 10 compounds (mainly benzoic and 4-hydroxyvaleric acids) showed statisti ...