Jump to Main Content
- Wittmer, Anita, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2012 v.46 no.3 pp. 1536-1545
- X-radiation; analgesics; analytical methods; anesthetics; antibiotics; anticonvulsants; antidepressants; antifungal agents; antiviral agents; corrosion; disinfectants; diuretics; hospitals; membrane bioreactors; metabolites; pollutants; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... A pilot-scale membrane bioreactor (MBR) was installed and operated for one year at a Swiss hospital. It was fed an influent directly from the hospital’s sanitary collection system. To study the efficiency of micropollutant elimination in raw hospital wastewater that comprises a complex matrix with micropollutant concentrations ranging from low ng/L to low mg/L, an automated online SPE-HPLC-MS/MS a ...
- Wittmer, Anita, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2013 v.47 no.14 pp. 7899-7908
- activated carbon; chemical structure; disinfection; drugs; hospitals; membrane bioreactors; metabolites; ozonation; ozone; pollutants; titanium dioxide; ultraviolet radiation; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... A pilot-scale hospital wastewater treatment plant consisting of a primary clarifier, membrane bioreactor, and five post-treatment technologies including ozone (O₃), O₃/H₂O₂, powdered activated carbon (PAC), and low pressure UV light with and without TiO₂ was operated to test the elimination efficiencies for 56 micropollutants. The extent of the elimination of the selected micropollutants (pharmace ...