Jump to Main Content
- Kjellberg, K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 264-276
- activated sludge; aeration; anaerobic digestion; biofilm; carbon dioxide; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; dissolved oxygen; energy; energy recovery; hydrogen sulfide; industrial wastewater treatment; industry; mass transfer; methane; models; nitrates; nitrification; oxidation; pH; risk; total suspended solids; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor
- ... The objective of this paper is to present the main results of an engineering-research project dealing with model-based evaluation of waste streams treatment from a biotech company. This has been extensively done in domestic treatment systems, but is equally important, and with different challenges in industrial wastewater treatment. A new set of biological (activated sludge, anaerobic digestion), ...
- Kjellberg, K., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Water research 2017 v.126 pp. 488-500
- anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; biofilm; carbon dioxide; computer simulation; data collection; engineering; ethanol; hydrodynamics; hydroxyl radicals; mass transfer; methane; methanogens; microbial competition; minerals; nutrients; pH; phosphorus; simulation models; sulfides; sulfur; wastewater
- ... The objective of this paper is to show the results of an industrial project dealing with modelling of anaerobic digesters. A multi-scale mathematical approach is developed to describe reactor hydrodynamics, granule growth/distribution and microbial competition/inhibition for substrate/space within the biofilm. The main biochemical and physico-chemical processes in the model are based on the Anaero ...