Jump to Main Content
- Kovalovszki, Adam, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.276 pp. 361-368
- Laminaria digitata; anaerobic digestion; biotransformation; cattle manure; computer software; feedstocks; macroalgae; methane; models
- ... This work investigated the thermophilic (55 °C) co-digestion performance both in batch and continuous mode operation. The biochemical methane potentials of L. digitata and cattle manure were 308 ± 24 and 203 ± 33 mL CH4/g VS, respectively. The optimum co-digestion feedstock ratio was found to be 80% macroalgae: 20% manure on a volatile solids basis, which produced 290 ± 19 mL CH4/g VS under long-t ...
- Kovalovszki, Adam, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2015 v.29 no.12 pp. 8088-8094
- Lolium; anaerobic digestion; biogas; byproducts; grasses; meadows; methane; methane production; rapeseed; spring barley; winter barley; winter wheat
- ... Biogas is extensively promoted as a promising renewable energy. Therefore, the search of appropriate co-substrates has come into focus. In this study, we examined the potential of using agricultural byproducts as alternative co-substrates for increased biogas production. The biochemical methane potential (BMP) of six agricultural organic byproducts were tested. Consecutively, the byproduct with th ...