Jump to Main Content
- Klaus, Anita, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2016 v.21 pp. 36-49
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Listeria monocytogenes; Vascellum; active ingredients; anti-infective properties; autolysis; beta-glucans; cytotoxicity; enzyme inhibition; fatty acid composition; flavonoids; fruiting bodies; linoleic acid; methanol; mushrooms; neoplasm cells; peptidyl-dipeptidase A
- ... Handkea utriformis (HU), H. excipuliformis (HE) and Vascellum pratense (VP) mature fruiting bodies methanol extracts were tested for biological activities and active compounds. The extracts showed prominent radical scavenging, reducing, antioxidative and chelating abilities. Scavenging ability was correlated with phenolic (ABTS assay) or phenolic and/or sugar/β-glucan content (DPPH). Antioxidative ...
- Biesiada, Anita, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food chemistry 2013 v.139 no.1-4 pp. 155-161
- Cucurbita maxima; Cucurbita pepo; acids; antioxidant activity; cultivars; ethanol; fatty acid composition; methanol; pumpkins; seed extracts; seed oils; seeds
- ... The objective of this study was to determine the antioxidant properties, and provide characteristics, of the oil obtained from the seeds of 12 pumpkin varieties belonging to the species Cucurbita maxima Duch. and Cucurbita pepo L. Another objective was to establish which of the two extracting agents, ethanol or methanol, is more effective. The seeds of the pumpkin varieties examined differ in chem ...